WHAT CAN I DO?
Our project is at its infant stages but it is growing fast and we just can't keep up financially so basically:
We need your money!
To start with, we would like to plant along all the streams on the South Side of the mountain; that means over 40 hectares of trees; which means over 52,000 trees.
We estimate that we need around MK500,000 per hectare.
If you would like to help or if you would like more infomation, please ask Petal and/or Tom
Any Support would be hugely appreciated :)
Email us at:
Call us on: +265 (0) 992 802 702
+265 (0) 997 593 325
Please bear in mind:
Due to our lack of electricity and our need to be organised, we can only take advance bookings so please ensure that you give us at least 24 hours notice, thank you.
If our phones don't work (you get the annoying lady), please SMS :)
For more information:
"I know it may seem small and insignificant, but it is not about what it is, it is about what it can become"
Dr Seuss - The Lorax
How to help:
$1 = 2 trees
$5 = 10 trees
$10 = 20 trees
$50 = 100 trees
$100 = 200 trees
To give you an idea, in 1 hectare (100mx100m) we need to plant 1320 trees - so 1 hectare of trees would cost $660 roughly
No, trees are not cheap!
The cost of each tree includes:
- The cost of each tree (they are not free!)
- The costs of clearing the area, making the holes, planting the trees
- The cost of maintaining the site (keeping the young trees clear of bush and other vegetation for 5 years - until they are big enough to stand higher than the surrounding bush)
- The cost of creating fire-breaks to protect the planted areas from fires
- The cost of actually fighting the fires